All Florida Cosmetologists, Full specialists, Facial Specialists and Nail specialists are required to complete a minimum of 16 hours of continuing education that covers instruction on the following topics:
· 2 hours of HIV/AIDS & other communicable diseases.
· 3 hours of sanitation and sterilization.
· 1 hour of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
· 1 hour of issues of workers' compensation related to Florida law.
· 2 hours of state and federal laws and rules related to cosmetologists, cosmetology, salons, specialists, specialty salons, and booth renters; specifically including but not limited to Chapter 477, F.S., and the Rules of the Board.
· 2 hours of chemical makeup related to hair, skin and nails.
· 2 hours of environmental issues.
· 4 hours of and elective topic that covers additional instruction in any of the courses approved by the Florida Board of Cosmetology for the purpose of Continuing Education.
Total = 16 Credit Hours of Cosmetology Continuing Education
A Smarter Way to Learn
Designed with you in mind, Monique Cosmetique gives you:
Monique Cosmetique offers state approved Video CE courses! All 16hr video courses are a bundle of two courses, one course covering a state approved elective topic worth 4 credits and the second course covering all the mandatory topics worth twelve credits.
Feel free to browse through the course catalog by clicking the link above and select the course that best suits your educational needs.